Discover the MAGiC.... of Gifted Children
WE'VE EXTENDED THE DEADLINE!
On Wednesday, April 25, 2012, The Michigan Association for Gifted Children and the Ottawa Area Intermediate School District are offering a joint program "Discover the MAGiC...of Gifted Children". Don't miss these exciting speakers at a great location - details are listed below!
The registration date has been extended to Monday, April 9, 2012. Don't delay - REGISTER NOW! Register at www.oaisd.org or follow the link on our website, www.migiftedchild.org.
See you there!
Discover the MAGiC....of Gifted Children
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Ottawa Area ISD-Educational Services Building
13565 Port Sheldon Street, Holland, MI 49424
Keynote: Growing the Social Emotional Component of a Gifted Child's Brain. Presented by Jean Veenema-Birky, ACSW, LMSW, licensed psychotherapist.
Breakout Sessions throughout the day include:
• Responding to the Anxiety in the Gifted Child--Jean Veenema-Birky
• Gateway to Opportunities--Rhoda Rosen, NUMATS, Northwestern University
• Exploring Emotions through Greek Myths--Dr. Diane Rayor-GVSU
• Parenting a Gifted Child...No One Said It Would Be Easy--Lora Lybrook Huser, Parent
• Understanding Gifted Children: Characteristics and Traits--Kelley E.B. Senkowski, Gifted Education Consultant
• Middle School Gifted: Making Sense Out of Chaos--Marie Brucker, Chair for Chapters, MAGC
• Cyber-bullying: What You Need to Know to Protect Your Kids--Christina Warholic, Ed.S.
• Parents and Teachers Round Table Discussions--Jean Becker, President, MAGC
Cost: $65 (includes lunch, materials, and membership to Michigan Association for Gifted Children)
Conference contact: Karen Kooiker
Instructional Services Secretary
Social Studies, English Language Arts, Early Intervention,
Gifted/Talented, On-line Registration
Ottawa Area ISD
13565 Port Sheldon Street
Holland, MI 49424
Phone: 738-8940 or 877-702-8600, ext. 4108
Email: [email protected]