+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introductions

Introductions

Hello! A lot of people are viewing these posts. Please take the time to introduce yourself. I have two gifted sons, a senior that we have just survived the college application process and now await the replies. A 2e freshman that makes me wonder if we will survive 9th grade. I am a therapist that works with many gifted children and their families. I have plenty of empathy for the families I meet. Who are you?

I know you are out there. Say hello!

Hello. There do seem to be a lot of viewers and few answerers! I am the parent of a gifted 18 year old who is finishing up his first year of college. I hope you enjoyed the college application process kw. We did and didn't. It was hectic but fun to dream about the future. He was turned down by some of the big Ivy Leagues he wanted to get into which was disappointing, but picked a school that is top notch and close enough to home so we can go see him when we want/need. I am/was a stay at home mom, who is transitioning to the next phase of life. I volunteer in the school, this year with a gifted Kindergartner, and in past, with the school reading program for those 2nd and 3rd graders who needed help to catch up. I am in a book club and am taking online writing courses with an eye on writing/publishing opportunities in the future. Nice to meet you kwaters7!

Thank you for introducing yourself. Similar experience with college apps but happy to Go Blue!

That's where my son is and he loves it!

+ Reply to Thread